Aug 3, 2009

How to style it: Cropped top

I find a lot of vintage trends when I'm out searching for merchandise for the store. This cropped top which I recently picked up was a popular trend in the 80's. I've been browsing the fashion magazines and noticed some cropped tops here and there, so I thought I would try to find some various ways of styling this item. Needless to say I had fun, and hope to be doing more posts similar to this.



The first look is pretty casual, jeans, a frilly top, basic shoes, and then I thought I'd bring back the 80's knot.



This one has way more going on, a jumbo belt, my favorite new necklace, ankle boots, and a pencil skirt.
I could see this look for a party or dinner if done with the right pieces, (and maybe an ironed skirt).

Cropped top
This one ended up being my favorite, I belted the cropped top over a strapless dress and put on a bunch of bangles and some plain black shoes. I just wore it all day because I liked the outfit so much.



Feel free to make any suggestions for items that you think might be fun to style, or even patterns!

7 comments:

  1. Love the belted look with the dress. So cute! Way to style that top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like those jeans in the first photo, may I ask where you got them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caitlin- Kohls super clearance! I don't know if they have them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh cute! I think I like the last look best as well, but they are all so cute! Great top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I noticed you have a Etsy shop as well. I'm always down for trades, just saying :)

    www.prettypiratedesigns.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some amazing things in your store, I've already "favorited" some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the 3rd look the best!! belting the loose cropped top gives it shape. Well done with the styling! :)

    ReplyDelete