Mar 21, 2010

How to: Decorating shoes with ribbon

I acquired a pair of flats in this lovely royal blue color, but they had those big giant rhinestones on the front. (Not my cup of tea.)
I removed those hoping just for the plain shoe under them, but sadly there were big glue stains.




I found a vintage trim that was the perfect color, and decided to do a little DIY.



A little super glue later, the glue stains are completely covered, and the shoes are far more interesting than they were previously. Took a total of 20 minutes I would say, and the cost was minimum.



I'm really happy with how they turned out! Excited to sport them for spring, and maybe spruce up a few other pairs.

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. So simple but a genius idea nevertheless.

    Trishna

    http://tashrin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made them look so much prettier, this is a great tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's great! I love learning how to remake existing goodies. What kind of glue did you use, exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carapace- I used krazyglue, it sticks within a few seconds. I'm not positive how it holds up when wet, something I'm sure i'll figure out if I ever get caught in the rain!
    Next time I WILL probably go purchase some fabric glue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, they turned out so chic! What a great DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so creative.. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing this, I wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is a great DIY. The flats look really good - I'd buy them if I found them at a store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. they look like alexander mcqueen's
    very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so adorable!

    http://barefootandvintage.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete