May 29, 2012

Daily Outfit: Last of the roof

I am moving out of my place tomorrow so these are my last roof photos. I moved so many car fulls of things today which has only made me believe that I own too much stuff. Granted a lot of it is vintage stock, but my summer goal is to purge. Going to be etsying like crazy, getting rid of the general around the house stuff I no longer need, and restraining myself at garage sales. Time to turn over a new leaf! I love surrounding myself with interesting things, but will my life be any less enjoyable if I cut down? Probably not. Do any of you have experience trying to get rid of at least half your belongings? I need some support so I don't regress!




Tank: Thrifted and dyed | Shorts: Vintage | Shoes: Vintage | Sunglasses: Vogue | Necklace: Vintage


The new house I am moving into still has a few things that need to get done, but I am really excited to finally have a room dedicated to being a vintage studio, it's going to help me stay organized and have a designated place to do everything I need to do. There should be lots of changes to the store over the summer and I am excited to get started.

9 comments:

  1. I am a huge proponent of getting rid of excess. Personally, I get a bit claustrophobic when there is too much around and it's easier to keep your home clean when you own less :) My only advice is to imagine how you would feel six months from now if you went looking for a particular item and then realized that you got rid of it. If you wouldn't miss it, get rid of it.

    http://viennawaitsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! and yes...purge! you'll feel good about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thrifted and dyed! what a great idea! also, getting rid of stuff hurts sometimes but it definitely is worth it in the end and you will feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahhh, I just wrote out a long comment and my browser deleted it! Anyway - I'm doing the same thing right now - trying to get rid of excess. It feels so awesome. I want to know and love everything I own, and that's impossible when I have so much!

    thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I moved six or seven times in the course of 18 months, and by the end of it, I had managed to get rid of most of my junk. There are some clothes that I definitely regret letting go of now, but I still feel like I have way too much stuff. Last time I moved, I'd managed to get everything I owned down to to car loads that consisted primarily of books and clothes...

    My suggestions? If you haven't seen it/used it/worn it in the last year, it needs to go to a new home. If it's something you forgot you had, it should go. If it doesn't fit, it's gone.

    If you have something you think you can't bear to part with, put it up somewhere for a few months... then, when you come back to it three or six months from now and realize you'd forgotten about it, saying goodbye will be much easier!

    Congrats on the new place!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on moving! That's always exciting! I actually just got rid of a ton of my stuff! I put about 30 pairs of shoes in our yard sale and whatever I didnt sell I'm donating!
    I absolutely love your style, I'll definitely be following along!

    <3Chelsea Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so awesome that you thrifted and dyed that tank, it's lovely. I absolutely love that necklace as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been purging things as well, prepping to move from my 2 bedroom apartment in DC to a one room studio apt in birmingham. getting rid of books and clothes/shoes/jewelry/etc. has been the hardest thing, but if I drink a glass of wine while I do it, it takes the sting out of throwing things out and makes me a *lot* more productive. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Moving is the only way my clutter ever gets cleared out! Good luck! Love the sweet little pocket on that lavender top :-)

    ReplyDelete