Jun 15, 2012
Before I show off pictures of the new studio I figured I'd show you some prep work. I got it in my head that I wanted some metal shelves to put all my store stock on (Originally in rubbermaid bins for safe keeping.) and the day after deciding I'd try to find some my friend was at an estate sale and gave me the heads up about these storage shelves. I talked the guy down to 3.50 each, and also snagged a can of household paint in robins egg blue for 50 cents at the same sale. I got started the very same day priming them and painting away. One of the shelves had been attacked by a couple of tween girls and it was covered with nail polish and markers with all kinds of sayings including "All aboard the diva train!!". It took about 4 coats of primer to cover that one up.
One of them I tried painting the pieces separately and one I painted while the whole thing was together. Turns out painting it as one big object was easier and looks nicer. I won't have an easy time ever taking that shelf apart, but who needs to when it cost 4 bucks to make.
I'm almost done rearranging the studio and I'll share photos in the next couple days!