Aug 12, 2009

How to style it: Long Vintage Skirt

Quite often I'm drawn to the print of a pretty vintage skirt (The kind with the elastic waist), but I wanted more options than just pairing it with a simple top. Turns out these lightweight skirts are extremely versatile. They work well as dresses, tops, and skirts! All while remaining quite comfortable.


Worn as a dress and paired with a fitted vest. I love this outfit, it was so comfortable, and the fitted vest held the skirt right in place.


Worn as a pop of color under a basic jersey dress. Layering is always big in the fall and I can see myself doing this a lot, it adds a nice touch of color and print to an outfit without going overboard.


This is more of an evening out look. The skirt worked well as a strapless top and I layered a silk skirt over it. Silver accessories dressed the look up a bit.


Which one is your favorite? Any other ideas for how to style these types of skirts?


Get the look-

5 comments:

  1. oooh i really like the idea of a vest over a skirt dress to make it fitted. I'm definitely stealing this idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The vest with the skirt is so cute! - Jenna

    www.yehyehgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress over the dress! It loks like the most amazing dress liner! Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely the first one, love it :-)

    nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never thought of this! I love the first look, and the 2nd looks so easy and comfy.

    ReplyDelete