Jan 21, 2010

Studded High Heels: How-To


Studded heels and ankle boots are everywhere and I finally decided to DIY my own pair.
It ended up being very simple and didn't take long at all.

I started out with a pair of plain black vintage heels.



I found the pearls in the scrapbooking section of the craftstore. They were more along the lines of what I wanted then the rhinestones I found everywhere else. They only cost a few dollars and there were more than enough to cover the shoes (to my taste), and then some.


The with just some small dabs of crazy glue I began sticking on the pearls until I was satisfied with the overall appearance.




I'm very happy with how they turned out! I'll be wearing them tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. very cute!!

    i'm thinking about doing something similar, but to a black boyfriend blazer! maybe put studs or on the lapels...we'll see. you've def inspired me to try my own DIY. :)

    btw...great job with the blog! it looks nice and i'm glad to see you blogging regularly.

    (i've been a fan for awhile...since i found you on etsy months ago!)

    best,
    paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I would have never thought of that! They turned out incredible...I can't wait to see how you style then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks paige! It's so nice to hear you've been inspired. Studs seem to be all over the place lately and it's a good way to spruce up an old item of clothing.
    Be sure to let me know what you create!
    I'm happy to be back finally.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the idea of this. studded heels are cool. thank you for the references and the guide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great DIY post! I'm on my way to the craft store right now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pearls on the shoes look great! Fantastic DIY;)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Work !

    What do you think of these ?

    http://www.shopfriiscompany.com/products/detail/shoes/laika-/4127/9/1315

    ReplyDelete