Nov 13, 2011

Daily outfit: Gorillas




This black dress was a pretty typical 90's dress and I chopped the hem off to give it a really subtle fishtail hem. Super comfy slip on dress and now it's more modern.
Any thrift store find can be fixed up in a few minutes! Hopefully after December I'll have more time to post tutorials and before and after pics for a lot of the simple reconstructions I do.
Dress: Salvation army
Tights: Simply Vera
Boots: Old Navy



Also, this thing is ridiculously cool. 
It's a Joby Gorilla pod and it can wrap around a tree, or really anything at all, and hold your camera there. I just got it (Thanks, dad) and have only had one nice day outside to play with it, but seems like it will be the perfect thing to travel with. I was skeptical on it's ability to hold up an SLR, but that's what it's made for and it worked great! 

5 comments:

  1. all your simple reconstructions are really inspiring me to do similar things! i'm kind of starting to take sewing lessons...so maybe i'll try that eventually. :)

    i love the slouchy beanie too!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it'd be great if you would post tutorials...pretty please. I'm bloody terrible at altering clothing! ^_* Love the color of the tights too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you could wrap it around a tree! That is a cool.

    Cool thrifted duds as usual, and I'm so envious of your fishtail making skills. Its such a flattering shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try one! You have to give us deets of it's uses.

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, that tripod is awesome! I'll have to investigate that for myself...

    Can't wait to see your tutorials :)

    ReplyDelete