Nov 21, 2011

Swapped roses and jewelry reviews

On saturday I hosted a big clothing swap in downtown grand rapids, a bunch of people came out and donated goods and got things like winter coats and hats. It made me really happy to see so many people that were interested! 5 huge bags were donated after, and tons of people got new things. I'm already excited to plan the next one. They are very easy to host if you just find a building to house you.

I luckily refrained from taking many clothes. I got a great 80's frumpy cardigan and I snatched this dress up. I do kind of think it looks like drapes, but it fits perfectly and sitting in it all day while I wrote my thesis paper did make me feel a bit better.


I also thought it was pretty fitting for the new jewelry I have from Sheyna which is a great store for getting gifts, considering you can go so far as to customize every aspect of your piece. Don't know how to make jewelry? Don't need too! The earrings I took apart and put on some vintage screwbacks, they were lovely as is, I just don't have my ears pierced so I wear screwbacks. (With two seconds and pliers, you can do that too!) And good news is, tomorrow I will be posting a giveaway for a gift certificate to Sheyna so someone can customize their own piece of jewelry or get an excellent christmas gift for someone!

4 comments:

  1. This dress is so lovely. Not like drapes at all. Your lace curtain is the perfect backdrop for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ur outfit!
    i follow you!!
    hug from BARCELONA!!
    www.themidniteblues.blogspot.com

    follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to do that~! I had such fun the last one that I attended. Lovely dress!

    Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
    I'm having a giveaway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How on earth did you get that lovely dress?! Clearly I came too early or got there too late! Haha. The swap was tons of fun - wish I could have stayed longer, but I'm excited to play with my finds :)

    ReplyDelete